Monday, December 3, 2007

Creative Response A

Me: O hello Ann, how are you?
Ann: Hi there Michael, I am doing better.
Me: Thats good to hear. If you don't mind me asking, how are you and Howard dealing with what tragically happened last three weeks ago?
Ann: Well thats really hard to say...Its been difficult on all of us.
Me: Yes it sure has been. What did you realize after the death of your son...you do not have to answer if you do not please to.
Ann: Well I have noticed a lot. To start with, I have come to notice that as a mother, you should always love your most precious possessions. But more importantly, you should always take comfort in the little thinsg in life that we all take for granted.
Me: To be frank Ann, like what?
Ann: Like food...think about the feeling of eating and enjoying it.
Me: I see but what does that have to do with your son?
Ann: Well ever since Scotty has passed, all I can think about are the times we had together, but especially the times when I just watched him; the times when most people do not remember. Now when I think about it, I remember my love for him when I think about him sleeping or him watching T.V. Something so minute and something so unnoticed can have such power on a mother.
Me: I guess I can see what you mean...but I haven't lost a loved one yet. Is there a lesson that has greatly effected you after the passing of Scotty?
Ann: Of course there is. The most important one.
Me: What is that?
Ann: When the time came when Scotty had passed so suddenly, anyone would think that I would be thinking of myself and my lost son. But out of all this, I have learned that I am not the only one who is suffering and it is almost selfish of me to not think of the others...the Franklins. My son was not the only one who was suffering, it was also the Franklin's boy as well. When someone is in pain, they need comfort...I had to step out of my comfort zone and offer that to others...that had brought me to a new level, a new me.
Me: That was extremely noble of you Ann, it is very respectable to hear that.
Ann: Thank you Michael.
Me: I am glad to see that you are taking this better than most do, I hope you keep it up. It was good to see you.
Ann: You to Michael, thanks
Me: Tell Howard I said T.J. Houshmazilla.......he'll know what I mean.

1 comment:

Tmart said...

I liked what you said here:
"...especially the times when I just watched him; the times when most people do not remember. Now when I think about it, I remember my love for him when I think about him sleeping or him watching T.V. Something so minute and something so unnoticed can have such power on a mother."

Also the answer you have give her about learning compassion--to identify with Franklin's suffering.